Allergy To Mold

An allergy to mold can be serious. Mold is a word many of us fear as we have heard stories of individuals becoming sick over a period of time after being exposed to these fungi which can be found both indoors and out. If you suspect that you have been exposed to mold the first thing to do is test your home and/or workplace to confirm your suspicions and then contact your healthcare provider if you suspect you have a mold allergy.

Potential Mold Allergy Symptoms

Almost all of us have noticed mold in our homes or workplaces, particularly in damp, humid areas of a property which can lead to a medical condition known as an allergy to mold. Although mold symptoms are found in the air in some properties, the majority of cases of mold allergies begin with the individual coming into physical contact with mold in their home or workplace. WebMD reports those most at risk from mold allergies are the elderly, infants, and those with a compromised immune system.

Some of the common symptoms of mold allergies include:

  • Sneezing
  • A runny nose
  • Coughing
  • Dry or itchy skin
  • Watery or itchy eyes
  • Difficulty breathing

Contact Your Healthcare Provider

The first step which should be taken when exposed to mold is to seek medical assistance to ensure any symptoms are identified and a course of treatment can be begun with the assistance of a physician. There are a number of different areas of concern for those affected by mold allergies including the issue of mold-induced asthma which can occur year-round or happen solely when certain atmospheric conditions are in play within the environment. Although the first instinct of many is to begin cleaning a property it is usually the best course of action to contact a healthcare provider and make sure a mold allergy is a specific problem being faced and an effective treatment can be planned.

Identify The Source Of The Mold

Identifying the source of any mold contamination is a step that is important to take and can mean looking for the outbreak of mold in residential, commercial, and educational environments.

Contacting a mold inspection & removal company such as Mold Zero is always the best option if you wish to make sure the property is clear of mold.

Making A Property Safe Once More

There are a number of experts in mold removal and cleaning who can assess the extent of mold damage and make sure a property is fit for use once more after the mold has been identified. Calling Mold Zero is a good first step in making sure all mold is removed as the environmentally safe use of “dry fog” has been passed by the EPA for use in all 50 states of the U.S.

The initial cleanup undertaken by Mold zero is the first step in making a property safe once more for habitation or use but should be followed by a number of other steps such as identifying problem areas of furniture or carpet where mold spores are commonly found. During warm, humid months of the year, the best option is to make sure cooling air is moving through a property with the aid of air conditioning to lower moisture levels within a property. A dehumidifier can also be used to remove moisture from the air and limit exposure to mold which should not grow within a property when excess moisture is removed from the air.

Any damp or wet areas of a property should be dried and made safe within 24 to 48 hours to avoid any issues with excess mold developing within a property. Another good option to undertake is to open doors within a property to allow conditioned air the freedom to move and avoid trapping moist air in a single area where mold can develop.

Do You Have A Mold Allergy?
Call Mold Zero Today On (727) 900-7202.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.