Mold Removal

Toxic Black Mold is no carnival. Even the scientific classification Stachybotrys chartarum strikes fear in the heart of your toughest ironman, and in a few instances, Superman himself.

Finding traces of black mold in your home is probably one of the most difficult problems to address. Dealing with black mold is an obstacle in its own right, requiring thorough remediation.

But the bigger question is, what are the symptoms of black mold?

Black mold is toxic and affects just about every area of your life. Serious symptoms and health problems as a result of black mold include mental impairment, breathing problems, damage to internal organs, and sometimes even death.

The main groups of symptoms toxic black mold causes are:

Mental and Neurological Symptoms

The trichothecene mycotoxins produced by toxic black mold are neurotoxic. This means they can kill neurons in the brain and impair a person’s mental ability. They also cause nervous disorders such as tremors and can cause personality changes such as mood swings and irritability.

Symptoms include:

  • Confusion
  • Brain fog
  • Shortened attention span
  • Difficulty concentrating and paying attention
  • Slowed reflexes
  • Disorientation
  • Dizziness
  • Memory loss and memory problems
  • Impaired learning ability
  • Hallucinations
  • Shock
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Aggression and other personality changes
  • Tingling
  • Trembling
  • Shaking
  • Seizure
  • Numbness

Respiratory Symptoms

People living in homes with toxic black mold are mainly exposed through breathing in toxic black mold spores and mycotoxins. Toxic black mold mycotoxins create irritation and a burning feeling in a person’s air passages such as the nasal cavity, mouth and throat.

Symptoms include:

  • Difficulty breathing (breathlessness or shortness of breath)
  • Wheezing
  • Coughing
  • Pulmonary edema (swelling of the lungs)
  • Pulmonary hemorrhage (bleeding in the lungs)
  • Sore throat
  • Burning sensation of the mouth
  • Bleeding gums
  • Runny nose
  • Itchy nose
  • Stuffy, blocked nose
  • Nose bleeds

Circulatory Symptoms

Toxic black mold mycotoxins can be breathed in, ingested, or absorbed through a person’s skin or eyes. Eventually the mycotoxins find their way into the person’s blood. This leads to heart damage, as well as problems with blood clotting and internal or external hemorrhaging.

Symptoms include:

  • Irregular heartbeat
  • Heart inflammation
  • Damage to heart
  • Low blood pressure
  • Bone marrow disruption
  • Bleeding tendency
  • Blood not clotting properly
  • Hemorrhage (internal bleeding)
  • Vomiting up blood
  • Bleeding in the brain and in other organs

Vision and Eye Symptoms

Black mold mycotoxins that are in the air can enter a person’s eyes. The mycotoxins are cytotoxic (toxic to cells). When they come into contact with eye cells, they cause inflamed and injured eyes, thus creating vision problems.

Symptoms include:

  • Eye inflammation and soreness
  • Red or bloodshot eyes
  • Eye damage
  • Blurry vision and vision worsening
  • Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes)

Skin Symptoms

One of the three main ways that toxic black mold mycotoxins enter the human body is through the skin. There have been cases in the past where people have handled hay contaminated with toxic black mold and developed severe rashes and skin problems on their body where they touched the hay, as well as on sweaty areas like the armpits.

Symptoms include:

  • Crawling skin
  • Dermatitis (skin inflammation, rash, blisters, itchiness)

Immune System Symptoms

Toxic black mold puts out chemicals which suppress the immune system. In fact, many immunosuppressive drugs are actually created from toxic molds.

Symptoms include:

  • Immunosuppression (immune system not functioning properly)
  • Reoccurring infections and sicknesses

Reproductive System Symptoms

Mycotoxins from toxic black mold are teratogenic. This means they can cause problems in the fetus during pregnancy which then leads to birth defects. Toxic black mold mycotoxins are also cytoxotic and mutagenic (cause cell mutations) and inhibit protein synthesis including DNA and RNA.

Symptoms include:

  • Infertility
  • Miscarriage
  • Impotence
  • Fetal development problems

Tiredness and Discomfort Symptoms

When a person is around toxic black mold, the immune system may release a sedative called Chloral Hydrate. This is used as a defense to try to slow down the effects of toxic black mold. However, this also makes a person tired. Toxic black mold can also cause soreness of the muscles and joints.

Symptoms include:

  • Chronic fatigue
  • Drowsiness
  • Weakness
  • Aches and pains
  • Muscle pain
  • Chest pain
  • Abdominal pain
  • Joint pain
  • Malaise (general discomfort)
  • Headaches
  • Fever
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Other Symptoms

  • Hair loss
  • Weight loss
  • Hearing loss
  • Liver disease
  • Coma
  • Death

[divider]

After all this bad news, we’re left to wonder:

Are Toxic Black Mold Symptoms Permanent?

When you’re no longer around toxic black mold, most of the symptoms should gradually decrease. Unfortunately, some of the health problems caused by toxic black mold are permanent. For example: after a person has lived with toxic black mold, their immune system won’t be as strong as it used to be and they’ll be more sensitive to mold and mycotoxins in the future.

If you have a mold problem in your home, it’s best to consult a mold removal professional.

Our state of the art dry fog technology is a guaranteed, go-to solution for your mold remediation needs. Our method is non-toxic, eco-friendly and hassle-free.

Is Toxic Black Mold Affecting Your Health?
Contact us to schedule a consultation with a Mold Zero representative near you.

 

Mold Removal